laptop and tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i use this
logitechx-230.jpg
on my laptop with no problems...but when i try and use it on the tv's jack plug, it is very low on volume..do i need a sound card between the tv and the 2.1?[/img]

Sponsored Links
I doubt you'd need a sound card. I suspect it's probably a setting on the TV to do with making the sound from that socket louder. Can you tell us the make and model of your TV?

The Foehn & Hirsch web site doesn't give a link I can find for downloading the manual. At a guess I'd say it'll be something like a menu setting to turn on the headphone socket and mute the TV speakers. Without a manual though it's difficult to be any more specific.

Have you had a look at your manual? Failing that have you tried ringing customer service at ebuyer?

I can solve your problem with a little kit I have to get sound out of TVs for my other customers, but I suspect you probably just want to get the headphone socket working before looking at costed options. Good luck

Sponsored Links
Where is it plugged into? Normally a PC set of speakers has a input that would drive a set of 8 ohms speakers direct but a TV will have a low output for a audio system with far too low an output for a PC set of speakers. However it may also have a output for headphones and likely this will drive PC speakers without a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back