gas supply to out building queries

sorry but i just wanted honest answers to honest questions.......not sarcasem. if people wanted more info then quite simply ask!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I hear ya. ;)...........................some on here just think the sun shines out of their $%^&* ..................... :mrgreen:

SimonH2......... thank u so much for that very comforting and helpful advice i hope "muppets" like petit_pablo realise and take heed of your advice :)

dcawkwell.......... do u know that totally slipped my mind to install an airconditioning unit..... thank u so much :)...... simple and brilliant. amazing how some of these so called experts didn't mention it at all!

You have the option of an air source heat pump. If you want a wet central heating system and hot water in the out building.

No one (except 1) offered you an alternative form of heating becausevyhat wasn't what you were asking,you wanted specific answers to a set of questions about gas pipes.

Don't mock people that take time to reply even if you don't like the answers.

Sponsored Links
This thread was like how longs a piece of string? :rolleyes:

No-one else has actually answered the question. I forget why i dont bother posting in P&H sometimes. Now i remember :D

Questions

1.What pipes (copper/plastic) will the plumber (gas safe) use for this new gas supply to the building?

2.What isolation valves he will be using.?

3.How deep will the trench have to be to bury this new pipework?

4.Can he tap off the existing supply to the boiler (sited in the kitchen) or will he have to go back to the meter (under the stairs )?

5.What size pipe will he be using to run such a long run (22m/32mm)?
1. depends what he decides to quote you for, there's more than one option
2. gas ones, presumably
3. as deep as it needs to be to be protected against whatever it happens to be going under
4. either, depends on the situation
5. depends on the length, the answer to question 4 and what appliances are attached to it.

hope that helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back