looking for special w.c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a w.c pan with the soil pipe exiting on the left (as you look from front). I haven't the time to trawl the net...can anyone please help...Thanks, my father will be greatful..

Sponsored Links
use one of these
p1071931_l.jpg
and point it where you like

Some pans definitely won't allow this even with the elbow as the area at the rear is partially enclosed. You won't always find this info on the net and there's no way of giving you an answer here that would allow you to determine it as it come's down to individual design of the pan.

If you're not too fussy about the style I'd go down your local plumber's merchant (don't bother with the sheds) and they'll give you advice on their stock ranges.

Alternatively ring the manufacturer's technical line or make sure you see the pan on display in a show room.

Sponsored Links
mrscalex said:
Alternatively ring the manufacturer's technical line or make sure you see the pan on display in a show room.

That could be a problem they haven't made side outlet pans for years, S trap are also very hard to find now

I'm interpreting the question to mean a pan where the outlet is on the rear but where a soil pipe can be turned to the side with an elbow. That's perfectly possible on plenty of pans but definitely not all.

Maybe I mis-understood the question though, perhaps we can have it clarified. Anyhow, if the pan coming out does have a side-outlet there must be a good chance it can be replaced with a normal rear outlet and elbow.

Somewhere recently I saw the two-part pan you see in pubs etc sometimes. The base, including the exhaust, is separate from the oval upper part. They were priced individually!

thanx for all answers...we will be going with the 90elbow and box out behind the cistern...Thanks...Probes.. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back