Indesit DI450 fault - Error light 3 and doesn't fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will hold back on giving my full feelings about the Indesit DI450 dishwasher, but this is its fifth breakdown in five years and has cost me a small fortune to keep repairing.

On this occasion, it's a different problem. Whatever programme I put on, it automatically switches to a flashing 3 on the settings. The machine sounds like it's working but no water comes in. I'd assumed the pump had broken.

The water connection is fine, as is the exit pipe.

A bit of internet research suggests the Water Valve needs replacing, but it's tricky to find a clear guide on the errors for this machine (and how to repair them) and Indesit themselves just suggest engineers without offering advice.

Can anyone give me any advice? I'd really like to avoid another engineer call-out as it's cost me nearly £400 in engineers to date.

Sponsored Links
Is the pump humming when you turn it on , if so check the base is not got water in it. You need to pull it out and tip it forwards don't forget the towels.

Thanks for the reply.

The machine actually sounds like it's doing a normal cycle. The water is running into the machine and subsquently being passed out the waste pipe. I know this because I disconnected it from the waste and it pours into the sink. It just doesn't seem to be making it into the actual dishes area (other that a minor trickle)

In the process of taking it out and checking the pipes this morning, I pretty much emptied it of all the water. But still the same issue.

Turn it on, hear it start, no water spraying in the main compartment and immediately flashing 3 on the five light setting indicators. Very strange.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back