Me again with Yale HSA6400... please don't troll this thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again
A good point and a bad point. Basically the alarm was in home armed mode and in the morning I forgot to turn it off. Then I opened the kitchen window which has a contact on it and it started to sound like mad, which is the good thing. But when I got to the control panel I couldn't turn the alarm off. I kept on pressing the green unlock button and typing in the pin and pressing the green button again but it just kept on saying ALARM! ALARM! across the screen. After a while I got tired and turned off the box with the other switch and because I still had the bellbox inside the house I easily turned that off too.

Now I have turned the control panel back on and everything apart from the TIME/DATE was fine so I just set that and put it back on the wall.

My question: Why didn't it turn off???

Sponsored Links
Possibly in your panic (and it is quite disorientating when that internal sounder in the control panel is drilling into your ears along with an external siren inside) you put the wrong code in or didn't follow the right sequence.

green then code then green four or five more times until alarm says alarm off.

If you do put in the wrong code three times the panel locks out for a minute hence the buttons not responding.

Try not to panic when you are entering numbers and keep slow and deliberate with the keypresses.

On a good note you now know that your kitchen sensor works as intended.

I'm pretty sure if you do a practice dummy run it will work fine.

Put some cotton wool in your ears press and hold keys 1 and 3 down together for a few seconds - this will activate the alarm then try the unset again.

green - code - green a few more times until you get two beeps and the screen says alarm off.

has never failed for me

Sponsored Links
yaleguy3 - I am pretty sure I put the right code on the second or third attempt but I know I didn't press the green button more than once in fairness so the panel locking me out is the problem.

To the others - If anybody does try and disable the siren they have to fully unscrew the box which would set off the tamper alarm so any occupants would be alerted anyway

Also the bell box was inside the house as I still haven't got my drill back yet =/

I should also mention that I have set the alarm off before although that time it was when I opened the front door which hasn't got a contact at the moment but a PIR which sensed it instantly and set off. I managed to turn the system off quickly that time. Thanks anyway :)

Hi ,
No disresepct to you chunkylover but I sense a few system design flaws that need to be addressed.
Obviously your door sensor needs fastening on and your siren needs to go on your wall outside.
Also it would be prudent to buy a remote keypad and have that by the door and your control panel within a protected zone so the alarm has already activated before anyone gets to it.
To the uninitiated the control panel has a tamper switch same as your usual end station therefore activating the alarm if anyone tried to turn it off.
You say the pir set off straight away?

Have you set the entry device as an entry device - they are default to burglar or instant activation.

You need to edit the devices to make sure the entry device is set to entry.

Hi ,
No disresepct to you chunkylover but I sense a few system design flaws that need to be addressed.
Obviously your door sensor needs fastening on and your siren needs to go on your wall outside.
Also it would be prudent to buy a remote keypad and have that by the door and your control panel within a protected zone so the alarm has already activated before anyone gets to it.
To the uninitiated the control panel has a tamper switch same as your usual end station therefore activating the alarm if anyone tried to turn it off.
You say the pir set off straight away?

Have you set the entry device as an entry device - they are default to burglar or instant activation.

You need to edit the devices to make sure the entry device is set to entry.

Ah holdup I got explanations for all those queries:
1) I haven't installed the front door contact thing because of building works (I have already bought the contact)

2) I haven't installed the bell box because I need my drill back!

3) What happened in the original post was what happened today the PIR thing was a few days ago when everybody was away from the house and I had to enter the property and set the alarm off before I could turn it off

4) I have already ordered the keyfob HSA6060 to give to an elderly occupant because it is easy to turn off the system and has a panic alarm and I have also ordered HSA6080 for upstairs to turn off the home alarm when I come downstairs. At the moment the home alarm PIRS aren't set because basically the elderly occupant goes to the toilet at night but the building works include a garage conversion which will be the new room with a self contained toilet so the original home PIRS will be active at night which can be turned off if required by the keyfob I will give to the elderly occupant.

Hope this answers the questions..

Hope this answers the questions..

Hey please I'm sorry you don't have to explain anything to me. You seem to be doing just fine.
Obviously you know where you are heading with the design. I mistakenly thought you had it in its final configuration already.

There is just one small fly in the ointment regarding the keyfob.
You cannot arm and disarm the system solely with the keyfob.

You can arm the system fine but one scenario you won't be able to do is arm it at night and then disarm it before you get out of bed in the morning.

You can only disarm with a keyfob if the entry exit countdown is active..ie you have opened the door.

The reason being to stop someone finding the fob for arguments sake on your lawn after falling out of your pocket and pressing the button to disarm the alarm.
They would need to open your entry door which means they would need a key to your house.

Oh small problem there then. So you are saying that if my gran does come at night to go to the kitchen for some reason then even if she presses the unlock button on the keyfob HSA6060 the PIR will still detect her and shout?

Cheers mod

Is there any possible way to make the keyfob HSA6060 disarm the alarm without setting off the entry timer?

If you set the internal PIRs to "Home," and use the "Home Set" at night, then she can wander about inside the house and the alarm will not go off until someone opens an external door or something.

Sometimes I absent-mindedly open the back door when I have not unset the Home Alarm in the morning, and the thing hoots. I ought to set the back doors to "Chime" and "Entry" with a count-down delay, like the front door.

BTW if you have a good reason to do it, you can change a setting on the panel to allow the keyfob to set and unset even when the entry door has not been opened.

I am a householder not an Alarmer.

If you set the internal PIRs to "Home," and use the "Home Set" at night, then she can wander about inside the house and the alarm will not go off until someone opens an external door or something.

Sometimes I absent-mindedly open the back door when I have not unset the Home Alarm in the morning, and the thing hoots. I ought to set the back doors to "Chime" and "Entry" with a count-down delay, like the front door.

BTW if you have a good reason to do it, you can change a setting on the panel to allow the keyfob to set and unset even when the entry door has not been opened.

I am a householder not an Alarmer.

Thank you I think I will do the latter and change the setting on the panel to let they keyfob set and unset the alarm because the keyfob won't leave the house and it would be so much easier for my gran. Do you know how to get to that setting?

Thank you

can't remember, sorry. I expect you will find it in the manual, or if you page through the setting options.

Cheers mate I look it up

EDIT: I couldn't find it in the manual, yaleguy3 I take it that you do know how to make the keyfob disarm the system without the need of the entry timer being set off?

Thanks

Why does the truth keep getting deleted?

The system cannot do what the O_P wants.
Not too hard to understand is it?

Your posts keep on being deleted because they are utterly pointless

Also as JohnD mentioned there is a way of setting the keyfob to the way I prefer therefore the system can do what I want but I need to wait for somebody who knows how to set the keyfob to help me.

I reiterate, How do I make the keyfob HSA6060 disarm the alarm without the need to set off the entry timer?

Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back