Me again with Yale HSA6400... please don't troll this thread

From the Yale manual, and TECH as I asked them.

The keyfob only will only disarm the system during
entry time after an entry or away entry door/
window contact or PIR has been triggered.

As I said before.

Lacking in some dexterity.

Also spoken about the system, it does not even meet British Standards.

Quote from an email from Yale.
Please note the HSA6000 alarms are not British Standard -

They also do a Grade 2 system, that HAS to be fitted by them. But as the registered installers are not NACOSS or SSAIB its not worth the paper its written on for insurance purposes.

And my posts were relevant BTW.

Sponsored Links
OK two questions:

1) What are the requirements of a grade 2 or 3 system or do you have a link which outlines the specifications for those grades?

2) How do I make the yale keyfob HSA6060 disarm the alarm without the need to set off the entry timer?

Oh and Alarm I still think your posts were pointless but after constantly reading your posts on these grades etc I might as well take a look

1, Google them.
2, You dont.

Ahhh but what you think and what happens in the real world are two different things.

But to save you time a brief explanation of grading.
http://www.diy-alarms.co.uk/catalog/security_grades.php

It is also down to product knowledge.
Also PIR`s have to (G3) have anti mask, thats a box put in front of them to "mask" them, say an inside job. Or stock misplaced.
Then there is the anti interference on magnets.
List goes on really.
The panel used.
As I said list goes on.

However many thanks for at least asking about it rather than dismiss it as a "rant" because it certainly is not.

Cheers

no alarms are to british standards these days that was dropped when the EN ratings came in. Even you will tell me that british standards are out of date.

I am sure Yale will be able to create their own standard that the insurers will approve..ie some internal technical training completion and quality assurance.

Sponsored Links
^ No chance. Their equipment is too basic. If Yale need approval it needs to be graded, and fitted then by an approved NSI/SSAIB installer. It keeps the standards high. Everything is fully traceable. Not just fit and forget.

Nope, a direct quote from Yale.
Another quote from Yale
But, the HSA6000 are not British standard alarms. The new ‘Smarthome’ alarms are, however.

So are they British Standard or not, Yale say so.

Not of my doing, the information was offered when I asked if you ( yes you) fitted to insurance standards.
The answer was an emphatic no.

"SmartHome" is graded to EN, I assume he got mixed up there. But its not worth the EN number if not maintained by a NSI/SSAIB company.
So was it a waste getting it tested?

Seems I have had more correspondance with Yale than you.

Nope, a direct quote from Yale.
Another quote from Yale
But, the HSA6000 are not British standard alarms. The new ‘Smarthome’ alarms are, however.

So are they British Standard or not, Yale say so.

Not of my doing, the information was offered when I asked if you ( yes you) fitted to insurance standards.
The answer was an emphatic no.

"SmartHome" is graded to EN, I assume he got mixed up there. But its not worth the EN number if not maintained by a NSI/SSAIB company.
So was it a waste getting it tested?

Seems I have had more correspondance with Yale than you.

Just saw 9651`s reply, they have a graded system, but as above not fitted by a registered company, whats the point?

http://www.yale.co.uk/Yale/Yale_co_uk/Literature/YAL11054 SmartHome Alarm Brochure_8.pdf

OK I read the categories on the site and honestly I think I am a grade 1 and possibly grade 2. I think the highest value item is probably the really heavy dinner table which is still under a grand and although you can factor in mobiles they are usually with their owners so that's not much of an issue.

Anyway please answer?

How do I make the yale keyfob HSA6060 disarm the alarm without the need to set off the entry timer?

Just saw 9651`s reply, they have a graded system, but as above not fitted by a registered company, whats the point?

http://www.yale.co.uk/Yale/Yale_co_uk/Literature/YAL11054 SmartHome Alarm Brochure_8.pdf[/QUOTE]

Sorry double post
If you actually read the brochure it says you need a registered installer to fit the product for it to be a grade 2 alarm.

Anyway please answer yaleguy3?

How do I make the yale keyfob HSA6060 disarm the alarm without the need to set off the entry timer?

I doubt a registered installer would touch it mind. Yaleguy couldnt fit it as he's not registered.....

• The keyfob only will only disarm the system during
entry time after an entry or away entry door/
window contact or PIR has been triggered

^Doesnt look like you can (thats quoted form the manual)

Thats the problem with a basic system really, very limited in what it can do

I doubt a registered installer would touch it mind. Yaleguy couldnt fit it as he's not registered.....

No HE CAN FIT IT, just wont be G2.

Chunky, you cannot. Yale say so, the book of words says so.

Live with it, unless there is something hidden in a sub menu the fobs wont unset a home set without a door opening on entry. Even YG3 said so. I say so, Yale says so. How many more times?

JohnD said it was possible, until I hear a reply from yaleguy regarding this issue I will keep on asking:

ROFL

Typical end user attitude.
Why wont it ( stamps feet) work like I want!

:D

ROFL

Typical end user attitude.
Why wont it ( stamps feet) work like I want!

:D

FFS didn't you read JohnD's reply saying that it is possible, as it supposedly is I am waiting for yaleguy for a confirmation, if I am mistaken then I have no further questions regarding the keyfob for now.

Anyway please answer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back