How do i stop mixer tap being loose on sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mixer tap on sink but it has become loose and moves about i am not sure how i tighten it back up to the sink to stop it moveing there is a little gold thing under neath that looks like a pipe but i dont no how to tighten tap back up to sink

please please help

Sponsored Links
There is usually a brass long tubular "nut" on a threaded rod which sticks down from the base of the tap. Something between 10 and 14mm hex. Best tool to use is a long box spanner, otherwise rather awkward to get at.

The Nut goes against a flat but strangely shaped piece of steel which is intended to push up against a rubber piece against the underside of the sink equally each side of the hole. A fiddle.

cheers thanks allot i will try it and also my wc will not flush is this due to flapper valve

Sponsored Links
More likely the mechanism which lifts the flapper valve, unless you mean that the water flows but fails to do the necessary?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back