difference between sample chamber and inspection chamber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im wondering what the difference is between a sample chamber and an inspection chamber?

I have drawings stating a inspection chamber before my sewage treatment plant and then a sample chamber after the treatment plant, is there actually any difference between the 2?

Cheers,
Danny

Sponsored Links
If its a traditional septic tank system you are talking about, there should be an inlet air tight inspection chamber before the settling tank(s) and another one at the outlet.
If there are solids in the inlet one, then soil can't enter the settling tank. If there is liquid in the outlet one, then the soakaways aren't doing their job.
I think the terminology used is one of the same!
John :)

Hi John,

Its a sewage treatment plant. It just states on my drawings a sample chamber and an inspection chamber :/

Sponsored Links
Also, all the 450mm inspection chambers seem to have about 5 inlets, i only need maximum of 2 inlets on all my, which seems to be better suited to 320mm inspection chambers. Or have i got this wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back