Decent LED?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know if the PANASONIC VIERA TX-L42E30B 42 is a good quality and reliable telly?

I did a search in Google and whilst most are keen on it Amazon have got some negative reviews.

Sponsored Links
You'll always get positive and negative reviews.

People's expectations vary considerably... and sometimes unreasonably so. Then there's experience and standards. I've seen great sets so badly set up you'd expect the customer to complain it is faulty... but they don't. So who knows how valid each owner's review really is.

Panasonic is a good brand.

Mine has two faults. Every now and again it will not switch one with the remote. It flashes green then returns to red and I have to switch off on the set and back on again.
It seems to continually want me to re-scan channels where it says it has found new. However I will guess this is because aerial is aimed at Winter Hill but Moel-y-parc is far closer. So weather conditions means they both keep swapping as being strongest station.
But the TV is now around 5 years old and the picture is good with no sign of any de-grading.
I did find to arrange without plug swapping so Sky, DVD player, DVD recorder, VCR, PC, and Blu-Ray can all be viewed took some time. But this can hardly be blamed on the TV. One SCART socket it seems has an output so one can record from it's decoder and this caused a problem of looping so I had to doctor the SCART lead. Again not really fault of TV.
But the only people who can really evaluate a TV are those who have 100's of them like hotels. And really one is unlikely as a result to every get a good review.

Sponsored Links
It seems to continually want me to re-scan channels where it says it has found new. However I will guess this is because aerial is aimed at Winter Hill but Moel-y-parc is far closer. So weather conditions means they both keep swapping as being strongest station.
That's easily fixed. Fit a Group C/D pass filter to get rid of the Moel-y-parc signals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back