Polystyrene wall covering insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning.

I've found this polystyrene insulation stuff that is about 2mm thick and you apply it to the wall like wall paper (and then wall paper over the top) - I would like to do this too two walls in our attic room but obviously I don't want to contravene building regs in regards to loft rooms - anyone any opinions?

Cheers

ady

Sponsored Links
re-read the instructions - it's made with a fire retardant... so i'll assume it's ok for lofts unless anyone has any other ideas :eek:

Horrible stuff, found it on lots of walls in our house. Marks really easily, dog loves to chew it off unfortunatley. I think its maily used on cold walls to prevent condensation, not sure if it actually adds much to the u value of the wall. It may actually cost more than it saves.

Sponsored Links
nstreet said:
Horrible stuff, found it on lots of walls in our house. Marks really easily, dog loves to chew it off unfortunatley. I think its maily used on cold walls to prevent condensation, not sure if it actually adds much to the u value of the wall. It may actually cost more than it saves.

yeah i totally agree, it's horrid stuff!!! but i reckon it's gotta be done - just going to do the two walls in the loft room that have the crawl space behind... of course i do have an alterative motive - saves skimming the walls :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back