worcester combi boiler pressure drops when i turn on tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a problem with my boiler, if i set it to 1bar pressure and then turn on the hot tap or shower all the pressure is lost ? if i turn just the heating on (all taps shut) then the pressure will stay and run as normal until i open a tap again any ideas please?????? :(

Sponsored Links
when you turn a hot tap on what exactly does the gauge read. e.g does it creep up past 3 bar or drop suddenly to 0 bar.? stab in the dark but is it a cdi model.

If the pressure returns to 1 bar when the tap is turned off then it just the pump having an affect on the gauge and can be ignored.

Sponsored Links
the gauge finds its way to 0 never going above what it was set at ( 1 bar).
The pressure stays at 0 after the drop and the loop is closed , the model is a 24i junior :(

juniors are prone to blockages in the guage and pipework around the PRV and expansion vessel. I would start there.

be careful though, the pressure on the guage may not be the true pressure if it's blocked and the pressure on the PRV side of the flexi hose could be almost anything, undoing connections may give you a surprise. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back