Flue gas analyser cailbration.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I brought a sprint 1000 second-hand, I was told it was in need of calibration.

So I thought, great ok £55. Now turns out it needs a co2 sensor. As co2 display Is just saying 'LO'.

I complained but he said I was told it needs calibration, so that's acceptable.

Is this acceptable?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
[i]xr4x4";p="2035638 said:

So I thought, great ok £55. Now turns out it needs a co2 sensor. As co2 display Is just saying 'LO'.

Is this acceptable?[/i]

Mate, it's £55. Less than the cost of capping a pipe.......

Not uncommon , probably been sitting in the van for a good few months , maybe give Kevin @ "Gas & Environmental Services" a call.

Does anyone on here even know how to use a FGA? :mrgreen:

expertgasman";p="2035655 said:

Is this acceptable?[/i]

Mate, it's £55. Less than the cost of capping a pipe.......

Not sure I understand your comment.

I was under the impression it needed calibration, ie £55.

Now it needs a co2 sensor, so that will cost more, yes?

Is replacement of the co2 sensor and who knows what else...part of the cailbration service?

I just want to make sure I havent been sold a duff, as I could of brought a full working unit for the same price.

These other units may also have needed calibration but this unit doesnt function because of the fault, this wasn't mentioned.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
its expected to have the sensors changed periodically, so they're kinda right, but it should have mentioned at time of sale, its a bit underhand.

its expected to have the sensors changed periodically, so they're kinda right, but it should have mentioned at time of sale, its a bit underhand.

This is my point.

Because if id know this I would have brought another one, used it to get me by this week (once) then had it calibrated.

So now it's put me out of pocket.

Its quite common on the sprint I'm afraid. Its usually caused by leaving it in the van overnight and conensation causing damage to the sensor. It also sometimes goes into Smart Purge when this happens.
So, once you've got it sorted, make sure you bring it in every night.

Ny understanding is that most sensors only last 2-3 years.

I am guessing this is an Ebay sale?

In the nice and friendly and totally honest context that Ebay like to imagine my view is that the seller knew exactly what was wrong and in that knowledge decided to advertise it as "needing calibration".

To me thats totaly dishonest! A man in the street would say "yes, that means its working but needs its annual calibration".

Your's was NOT working and deserves Negative Feedback to clear these scum from Ebay!

I am sure GES sent back our 1000's as they could not be calibrated anymore

Does anyone on here even know how to use a FGA?

Dont you just wave it in the air like a wand, customer would be well impressed with your expensive bit of electronics. ;)

Thats because Kane have specific sensors and will not supply them to anyone else in the UK>

I am sure GES would be charging about £140 for a similar job on another brand! They used to give a discount to ARGI members!

Tony

The seller is still arguing with me..... :rolleyes:

Ive been in contact with http://www.jmwlimited.co.uk/ about calibration.

They say it's £55 for calibration, £69 for the O2 sensor and £79 for the co sensor.

You send it in, they diagnose, repair what is necessary and then send it back to you.

I dont see any dodgy equipment offered for sale by that link! They look totally kosher!

But you have not confirmed it was on Ebay! If so whats the item number?

I dont see any argument! It was simply "not as described" !

You can quote me as an expert witness if you like!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back