Veritas Sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We've recently had some interior building works done which forced us to temporarily unscrew our Vertias sounder from an internal wall. Unfortunately, whilst the sounder box was dangling precariously, it got knocked by the plasterer and one of the two thin wires connected to the bell inside the box has snapped.

It appears that the wire just needs to be re-soldered, presumably with a soldering iron, but I'm wondering if it really is that simple? Any advice gratefully received.

Our external bell is no longer working at all, although all zones, PIRs and the keypad are fine and fully functional. Will reconnecting this wire in the internal sounder fix the prob of no external bell??

Thanks for looking :)
Joanne

Sponsored Links
Veritas "sounder" Or alarm panel????

Describe a "thin wire" ?

More details as this sounds more than a little issue. Pictures?

Thanks Alarm

The thin wire has snapped inside the box that contains a bell; so it's not the keypad/alarm panel I use to enter the code/set the alarm - rather it's the box on the wall (upstairs on our landing, in this case) that beeps and clicks when the alarm is set/part set, and it's also the same box on the wall where the audible alarm sound actually comes from when the alarm is triggered.

Since this wire was snapped, I can still set the alarm using the panel, it sets fine without a fault, all zones are still active (a walk through test triggers the alarm as normal and the panel confirms this with the relevant flashing LEDs for each zone) but there is no noise at all coming from the sounder box - no audible alarm. Also there is no noise coming from the box on the outside of the house.

The best description of the thin wire I can give is that it's a silver wire (as opposed to a copper wire) and it's coated in white. It's very, very thin (less than 0.5mm thick) and there are two identical ones each connected to a black bell inside this box. One of the two thin wire has broken free/snapped off the black bell, the other is intact. The wire is not screwed in, it appears to be soldered to a contact on the bell (or rather it used to be!!).

Joanne

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back