XBox/PS3 as Media Device

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking about getting one of the above devices to use with TV for media/streaming etc - iPlayer, Sky Player etc. We have free Orange home broadband but it only runs at about 3Mb. Just wondering if this sort of speed of broadband is good enough to cope with this or whether we'd be wasting our money buying the device with current broadband setup?

Also another probably stupid question - we're in an area that doesn't get cable - does that rule out us getting the new Virging TiVo media device?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Skyplayer is the pits on my mac and i've heard that its even worse on the xbox so i wouldn't bother if i was you, maybe spend the money upgrading what you've got or even better hire some hoodies to go and beat up the guy thats responsible for skyplayer

You do need virgin cable in order to have the TiVo box.

The ps3 and xbox are ok for streaming. I assume you want it to stream tv only and not interested about playing files from a memory stick for example?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back