Suprima 50 PCB repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give any guide lines on how to repair a pcb for the Potterton Suprima 50. I am now on my third board, apparantly this is a common problem with these?

Sponsored Links
dont try to repair it what ever you do the new updated electronics controls kit part nos 5111603 will sort it out and resolve all your problems :LOL:

can anyone explain how to fit new pcb on suprima 60. i saw new replacement kit 5111603 on ebay. is it easy job as like changing motherboard on computer.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I am not doing the work as I posted thie enquiry origionally for someone else! Sorry cant help!

Kit comes with full instructions on how to fit it its a bit more difficult than justy changing board though as the kit involves replacing the complete wiring harness and taking the room sealed cover off to get wires in :confused:

gazthepottertonengineer said:
dont try to repair it what ever you do the new updated electronics controls kit part nos 5111603 will sort it out and resolve all your problems :LOL:

ever get the feeling we've heard similar before :?: :D

ollski said:
gazthepottertonengineer said:

ever get the feeling we've heard similar before :?: :D

Well they have been out for 18 months or so now i have fitted in the region of 300 kits and only had to go back to 2 so far so cant be bad huh :)

Why give Potterton anymore of your hard earned cash without trying to repair the old board first?
Remove the board and inspect all the soldered joints with a good magnifying glass. You're looking for circular hairline cracks round the joints. Pay particular attention to the joints around the diodes at the centre of the board - these were causing random lockouts on mine. Also check joints around connecting pins - these caused mine to randomly switch off the pump (with the boiler still running).
Re-solder any joints that look suspect.
Mine's run perfectly since my last repair 3 months ago (touches wood), but if it starts playing up again I'll be replacing the whole boiler with something not made by Potterton or Baxi. :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back