Wasps

PMSL
They dont give up do they!!!
Got back to my nans house and dad was there, they stripped me naked and threw me into a bath of cold water ( Must have been about 9 years old when this happened). Bastid wasps were in the house for over a hour, only attacking me.
As you say, they were in my trousers, pants the works.

Have a bee hive at the back of the garden somewhere (probably next doors TBH), they ignore me and I ignore them....the bees dont give a fook either :D

Sponsored Links
I get a nest in the garden most years, I have bought a garden flame thrower that i connect to the compressor on a long airline, set the pressure to 60psi, it roars like a jet engine, has a flame like a giant blow torch. as soon as the flame touches the nest its gone, they are not getting me again. to be on the safe side i put my NBC suite on.

I just use a few squirts of ant powder from Asda (£1.25) and they are dead within a few hours. Never fails - has the same killing stuff in that the pro's charge £50+ for.

Sponsored Links
I just use a few squirts of ant powder from Asda (£1.25) and they are dead within a few hours. Never fails - has the same killing stuff in that the pro's charge £50+ for.

Ant powder is the same stuff as wasp powder and seems easier to come by.

The time to spray the nest is dusk, just before it goes dark but still just enough light to see without a torch. That is the time the wasps have returned to the nest for the day, and you will not get caught out by a load of stragglers. Give the nest a really good spray, the wasps will struggle to get out due to the powder, so you are quite safe. Ensure the powder is at the nozzle end for the first blast to make sure you cover the gits with powder and not just a blast of air (otherwise they will be out of that nest and after you!!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back