connecting a relay box to a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! Any ideas on connecting a BDR91 to biasi boiler? Something more comprehensive than a white black diagram if possible at all? Many Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Sponsored Links
What biasi boiler and whats wrong with a black and white diagram as long as you understand it ?

Why complicate things? What is wrong with the wiring diagram? Will you understand what the circuitry does if you had a full schematic circuit diagram?

Have not looked at unit in question but similar units would have 5 connection of which only two would be needed. These would be L and N and C and NO, C and NO would be connected to the boiler and L and N connected to L and N on the boiler.

Older Biasi boilers were not designed to have a mains feed to provide a call for heat.

They must be fitted to a two wire switch!

Tony

Sponsored Links
They must be fitted to a two wire switch!
That is what C and NO comprise of, two wire on off circuit
But the BDR91 Relay box has terminals labelled L and N (obvious) as well as A, B and C (not so obvious).

PS For those who don't know the BDR91 is the receiver for Honeywell wireless thermostats and programmable thermostats.

I expect the C is the common and switches between A & B. If so then you would use C & B assuming the C & B are connected when unpowered.

But its easy to test for that with a meter.

While doing that to avoid damaging the boiler it might be sensible to test that there is NO voltage on the A B C terminals.

The instructions my well be all thats needed if the are correctly interpreted.

Tony

I expect the C is the common and switches between A & B. If so then you would use C & B assuming the C & B are connected when unpowered.
That's wrong, which isn't surprising as your just guessing. :rolleyes:

Look it up if you don't know.

While doing that to avoid damaging the boiler it might be sensible to test that there is NO voltage on the A B C terminals.

I have yet to come across a time switch or a RF reciever that did not have voltage free contacts. If there is one please point me in the right directioncode

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back