IntelliSense Securit 800L+ problem - no entry sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the above alarm system, which has worked well for the last 5 years. Recently it didn't seem to be setting properly, the sound is differnent. Also, when entering the house there is no longer any sound at all.

The alarm appears to be settingas I can set it off by tripping a sensor when armed, but I don't know why there is no entry tone any more.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

mramra

Sponsored Links
Do you have a contact on the entry exit door (front door etc)

Sounds like its failed closed to me so doesn't see the door open when its armed.....

Also you'll need a battery if its not been done in the last 3/4 years.

Hi 9651, thanks for your reply.

That makes sense as there is a front door sensor for exit/entry. When you say new battery do you mean for the door sensor (sorry if that's a daft question!)?

internal speaker faulty ? check with multimeter on ohms look for 8, 16.32 ohms depending on speaker.

Sponsored Links
No

In the main control unit (blank white box somewhere) there is a battery that needs changing every 3-4 years. Most people arent aware, but a rundown/exhausted old battery can cause lots of problems if not kept in check...

Just something to keep in mind. Your current problem will be the door contact though.

Agreed, you probably need a new contact and a new battery is just common sence.

Thanks everyone.

Can I buy a door sensor to fit myself? Any idea where from?

Or do I need to get someone out?

Cheers,

mramra

You can buy door contacts easily off the net eg : ebay, security warhouse or off the high street such as any alarm wholesaler or even maplins. The mentioned should also stock batterys

Might be worth a call to a local firm. Give it a once over, fix the problem piece of mind :) Nothing worse than having ago then making it worse :)

Thanks guys, will investigate further tomorrow - you've been a great help.

Will feedback if I get a result (or more likely have more questions!).

Woohoo!

Got new door contact from eBay £1.89. Arrived today, fitted & problem solved!

Thanks everyone who helped!

See, not all bad ;)

just check that battery when you get time, prevention is better than cure.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back