Flue finding competition

RWS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my post on another thread, see first post in Red below...

"Hi guys.. This is somewhat of a long shot, but I have a need to divert the flue for my boiler, a Gloworm Ultimate 50FF an old style balanced flue type about 7yrs old, seems flue parts are no longer available , so I wonder has any one got the following.. 2no 90deg 60/100 bends and a 500mm 60/100 straight length to suit or maybe you know of a supplier who may have some old stock ?. Failing that I will have to change to a new condensing boiler, what with adaptions it will be a costly option"

A bit of luck at last, someone kindly sent me Gloworm's flue options list for my boiler, see below, so some part numbers to work with at last

Spirits raised a search on Google revealed a number of pages referring to a part number, my euphoria was soon dashed as one after the other led to ‘dead’ pages from 4 or 5 years ago... Ho hum.. :(

So where do you come in you ask, well for those of you looking for a challenge I’m willing to offer a prize to anyone who can locate the parts listed below... now I did think of offering to have your children but sadly I’m way past childbearing age, so how about a cash prize, works for most, of say £100 plus of course my eternal thanks (probably worth nothing) and as a extra special bonus you can come round and fit it too, am I generous or what :D

All competitions must have rules, so here are mine..

No purchase necessary
The judge's (that's me) decision is final
First post (by date & time) that leads to a successful purchase, of all the parts listed below, is the winner
Closing date is 15/07/11, as I'm on a deadline when plan B will need to come into operation
Entrant's must be residents of planet Earth
The last rule.. there is no need for any last rule

So parts required for a Glow-worm Ultimate 50FF are..

2no. 438130 bend kits

2no. 2000448490 1m extension kits (or 1no 2000448491 2m extension kit, or 1no 2000448485 3m extension kit)

1no. 2000208600 weather collar for a tiled picthed roof

May I finish for now with my quote of the day... yes I hear you say, well OK then 'I am not young enough to know everything' (Oscar Wilde)

Happy hunting... RonS

Sponsored Links

That counts me out then!

You have not said what you are going to do with these parts!

Firstly they have to be fitted by an RGI.

Secondly elbows and extension tubes can only be installed indoors. Only the final terminal section may protrude outside!

Tony

That counts me out then!

You have not said what you are going to do with these parts!

Firstly they have to be fitted by an RGI.

Secondly elbows and extension tubes can only be installed indoors. Only the final terminal section may protrude outside!

Tony

Of course these items will be installed by a RGI, he has tryed to find them himself but said he can't spend hours searching, so if I want to try he will fit them.. so are you in now Tony ?

RonS

But are they all to be installed internally?

Sponsored Links
Has anyone found you your flue yet?

I have just taken an Ideal Mini vertical flue part no 158421 but that will not fit yours!

I see a lot of very questionable jobs installed by RGIs!

Here is one fitted at a pub in Richmond!

View media item 5723

Should see the gas pipe soldering job an rgi did on my hob... Almost keeps me awake at night

Should see the gas pipe soldering job an rgi did on my hob... Almost keeps me awake at night

If your that concerned I would take it up with the gas safe register, they should investigate

Unfortunatly qualifications don't always ensure good workmanship, a 'messy' looking job may well be safe as could a 'tidy' job be unsafe, we as lay people have no idea

On the upside there is no doubt that training, monitoring and legal force does improve safety not only for gas but electrics and building in general, but sadly it comes at a high cost in trees, with it's mountain of paperwork

RonS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back