Beko CDA539FW Fridge/Frezeer - Freezer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I need your help.

I purchased a Beko CDA539FW Fridge/Freezer in 2008 and the appliance has been working fine since recently. We are finding that the freezer is not working efficiently.

The top part of the fridge is fine, but the freezer will not freeze items and as a result we are finding food is defrosting and food is going in the bin.

I have tried the following

1. Turn off and on the fridge/freezer for a period of time.
2. Changed the temperature from 2-5. Now constantly on 5
3. Nothing in the freezer and it is not cold.

Not sure what to do, it a fairly new fridge and it will be a shame to throw away. Currently only the top part is working and it using a lot electricity for just a half working appliance.

Any advice you can give I will be grateful. I will to try anything to get it working.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Additional comments to my orginal message

I should make it clear, when i turn the fridge off and back on again the fan in the freezer comes on and i can feel cold air.

I can also hear the fridge in the night, i suspect the fan coming on and off. But the freezer is not cold enough and i am frighted putting any food in the freezer now.

The "radiator" on the back of the unit was warm and the compressor was very warm.

UNPLUG IT NOW!!!!!

Check this website:-

http://www.beko.co.uk/

YOUR MODEL IS AFFECTED BY THE FAULT
There are reports of a failed defrost timer, which sounds like exactly your fault. These are reported in the news, and have led to one known death, and several house fires. Check out the link above ASAP, and even if your serial number isn't affected, report the issue to Beko.

I have already rang them and they said i am not affected. Any adive on what i can do to reslove the issue.

Sponsored Links
I have already rang them and they said i am not affected. Any adive on what i can do to resolve the issue.

Personally, I wouldn't let it drop, ring them back and insist an engineer checks it for free, as your model is listed as affected, and if no joy, threaten to go to the press, or get a 3rd party engineer to check it, and send the bill to Beko.

Ask them to prove that it isn't going to be an affected unit, rather than you having to prove it is, by having your house burn down.

If you do go to your local rag, they love this type of story, and you get some closure, because if it does go up in flames the week after - the proof to sue Beko is right there.

Your freezer is on permenent auto defrost - they say they have an issue with the defrost thermostat in your model, which has been proved to cause fires. Can't get more black and white than that.

Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back