Baumatic Halogen Hob switching off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Baumatic halogen hob with the touch sensitive controls for on/off, selecting the rings and altering the temperature. It was in when we bought the house and I think it is about 5 years old.

A couple of nights ago we were cooking and after about 20 minutes the hob automatically switched itself off. It then wouldn't switch back on again. We waited and after about a minute it beeped and we were able to turn it on. But after about 10 seconds it switched off again. Eventually by switching it off at the switch and back on we managed to get it working. Last night it did exactly the same thing, only this time would not stay on at all. After much fiddling we worked out if we didn't have the back left ring on it would work (although this could just be a coincidence).

I looked in the manual and couldn't find anything except that if there is a spillage it will automatically cut out and have to reset. I did boil something over on to the back left ring last week, but it worked fine until a couple of days ago. I followed the instructions for resetting but it hasn't made any difference.

Has anyone got any idea what it might be? Also, if not a DIY job (which I suspect not) is it an electrians or do I call Baumatic?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
wasnt anything with a lot of sugar was it?

and yes call the makers, not electricain

No - it was just water and I caught it before it spread very far.

I'll call the maker tomorrow - many thanks for your reply.

Sponsored Links
sounds like a short on the rear left element, hence it'll not stay on to protect itself. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back