potterton promax he15 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,there does not seem to be any power going to my boiler.the power seems to be there to the fused spur and that fuse is ok but when i try my power finding probe on the white cable leading to the boiler it seems to be dead ie-no pwer going along the cable to the boiler.,and obviously it will not switch on.theLCD control unit on the wall is also not working,the digits are there but it is not working.
i have also tried a new fused spur on-no good.
just recently my microwave developed a fault and tripped the safety breaker on my main DB BOX,i reset this and the trip is not tripped on the boiler and heating breaker.
could it be some fuses in the boiler?but there is no power on the boiler cable feed cable.
please help--thanks.

Sponsored Links
Check at the boiler teminations with a multimeter for 240 v to prove if there is power reaching the boiler

Check at the boiler teminations with a multimeter for 240 v to prove if there is power reaching the boiler

thanks tomy.
i have had my kewtech light up pen on the cable from spur to boiler(the white boiler cable)and it seems no power on that,but have not had cover off as yet on the boiler.i will have to do this and dont have a multimeter,was wondering if my power detector kewtech would sense power ate the suggested terminals?
i was just wondering if the other problem in the kitchen that tripped the db box could have blown any fuses within the boiler.
thanks again.

its possible , but you cant tell if there is power with your pen , you really need a multimeter to prove the power

Sponsored Links
its possible , but you cant tell if there is power with your pen , you really need a multimeter to prove the power

THANKS AGAIN MY FRIEND,getting sorted with meter at work tomorrow.i will remove the cover and check terminals youve mentioned.(located them on drawing i downloaded after your much appreciated help)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back