worcester danesmoor 15/19 boiler ignition problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the above unit and after a power cut the heating wouldn't come on. I noticed that the reset button was lit orange so I pressed it, and the normal noise that the boiler makes kicked in. However after at least an hour the heating still isn't on? It hasn't cut out again and the button hasn't gone orange, but still nothing - am I missing anything obvious before I call out the engineer?

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Is timer set to come on?
If you have had a power cut maybe you need to reset this.

Set the timer to continuous and see if it comes on as nothing else should be wrong.

Thanks for the replies, yes I am talking about the red lock out light, and I have set the boiler to constant and although all the pumps come on, it doesn't seem to be igniting or warming the radiators. As a double check I set the thermostats to 32 degrees!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have the above unit and after a power cut the heating wouldn't come on. I noticed that the reset button was lit orange so I pressed it, and the normal noise that the boiler makes kicked in. However after at least an hour the heating still isn't on? It hasn't cut out again and the button hasn't gone orange, but still nothing - am I missing anything obvious before I call out the engineer?

Thanks

Paul

Your saying the boiler burner lights ? Are you sure the burner is lighting, if not then there is a fault on the burner, or perhaps try resetting the over heat thermostat.

I think you are right, the burner definately isn't starting. How would I reset the over heat thermostat?

Skip that last enrty - I found the reset button after using google :p

However it feels realy loose and doesn't reallypress in at all. I've pressed it as hard as I dare and this has made no difference. I'm going to call my local engineer as I think as above the burner is faulty.

I'll let you know what they say after they'll sorted it!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back