Remeha Avante Plus not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a Remeha Avanta Plus boiler which has an error message E 10 flashing on the screen. This means I have no central heating or hot water. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this something I can fix or do I need an enigineer to fix it?

Many thanks Lorraine

Sponsored Links
Hello, I have a Remeha Avanta Plus boiler which has an error message E 10 flashing on the screen. This means I have no central heating or hot water. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this something I can fix or do I need an enigineer to fix it?
Check the pressure gauge.

If pressure less than 1 bar, top up the boiler to 1 bar, then Press the R key

If over 1 bar, just press the R key

Wait for boiler to reset.

If you still get the E10, call a service engineer.

E10 fault is - No flow during vent cycle
Which model of avanta is it - combi, system or heat only?

Usually due to faulty pump, low water pressure, air locked (try bleeding radiators), if it is the heat only version the pump needs to be wired and conrolled by the boiler or will throw up E10 faults.

If it is the combination boiler the diverter valve sticking can cause it, also check that all the radiator valves are open & any thermostatic valves are not seized.

Failing that how old is the boiler, 5 years warranty on these (sometimes only 2 years on parts, depending on who fitted it), warranty call to heat team.
Will be worth a call to the original installer, we always attend to boilers we have fitted even if still within the warranty period.

...apologies for hijacking an old thread...

I'm getting the E10 error on a remeha avanta plus combi boiler. The pressure in the system is fine. On power up and reset, it works through the system checks for 2 or 3 mins, tries to fire up for a few second and then goes quiet, begins to issue the flashing E10.

Tried bleeding rads as per previous advice to the OP but no change. Is there anything else I can check/test before calling out an engineer?

(Been in the property only 2 months so don't know anything about the unit's history. It has been working as expected up until now.)

Sponsored Links
...bled all the rads a second time, drained a small amount of water out of the system via the boiler mounted drain **** on the heating return side, powered off and on again (with the heating switched to 'fully on' position) and let it run through the power up cycle...

The hot water now works!

However, the rads are cold :( meanwhile the boiler is still humming away on C/H.

Sound like diverter valve problem or the pump? Are there any other tests I can carry out to find the root cause?

E10 no longer displayed :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back