Tiling onto uneven bathroom floor (DIY novice)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently doing up my house with the aim of getting it ready to be sold within the next couple of months.

I'm planning to lay ceramic tiles on my bathroom floor, but there are a couple of bits (about 12x12 -> 18x18 in area) which are about an 2-3 cm's lower than the rest of the floor.

My plan was to lay a very thin plaster / cement covering over the whole floor, so as to get it level before i start on the tiling : 2/3mm in flat areas, 25mm approx in the lower areas.

Now for my question..... the current floor is appears to be plywood / hardboard. Will it be ok to put the plaster/cement covering directly onto this or will it make by problem worse?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
Use a self leveling compound, either 1 part or two part, the deep areas will have to be done in a couple of layers, no problem with it sticking to ply or hardboard.

Jason

sounds good to me...

any recomendation as to particular makes etc? (as i said, i'm pretty much a novice when it comes to these things)

cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back