Noisy Vaillant Ecotec plus combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone out there got any ideas on a noisy Ecotec plus 831. On dhw there is sometimes a droning type noise from the boiler. Really difficult to trace where its coming from. Only happens when the boiler is on max demand on dhw. It can also happen if you overide the boiler to max in servicing mode. Gas valve, fan or poss air/gas mix???? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I've yet to get round there. It's at a friends place so no tools with me at the time. Just wanted a few ideas before heading there (no local). I have heard in the past about gas/air adjustment causing noise problems.

I have heard in the past about gas/air adjustment causing noise problems.

A simple modification can help with these boilers.

You won't get any advice regards this on here , maybe sign up to the combustion clowns part of the forum. :mrgreen:

Combustion Chamber. ;)

Sponsored Links
Anyone out there got any ideas on a noisy Ecotec plus 831. On dhw there is sometimes a droning type noise from the boiler. Really difficult to trace where its coming from. Only happens when the boiler is on max demand on dhw. It can also happen if you overide the boiler to max in servicing mode. Gas valve, fan or poss air/gas mix???? Any ideas?

I KNOW WHAT THE PROB IS.
I HAD THIS PROB CAN BE RESTRICTION IN MAIN HEAT EX OR TO MUCH INHIIBITOR IT FOAMS UP IN HEAT EX AND IT MAKES A DRONING NOISE WHEN BOILER IS AT MAX OUTPUT ON HOT WATER.
I POWERFLUSHED AND USED FERNOX AS RECOMMENDED BY VAILLANT TECH NO PROBS SINCE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back