pilot light not staying on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an old thorn Olympic gas boiler, and the pilot light will light with the grey button pressed, but once released, pilot light goes out :cry: ~ Replaced the thermocouple, still no joy :cry: ~ have recently turned both the water and electric supply off for other work, doubt if this has any effect, but that is why I am asking the experts ;) ~ any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Yes to both ~ thanks for a quick response!

Does the ;) mean I need a Corgi, or does it mean I can have a go myself ~ also, any idea how much ~ are we talking < £100?

Sponsored Links
Not sure ~ looks like a big white one to me ~ looks old, guessing 12 years as thats the age of the house. Numbers on it say ~ V4600A 1023 2 DIN-DVGW 75.02c 050 if this helps

RyanandDonna said:
Not sure ~ looks like a big white one to me ~ looks old, guessing 12 years as thats the age of the house. Numbers on it say ~ V4600A 1023 2 DIN-DVGW 75.02c 050 if this helps

should say 20/35 cf, or b, or fan assisted.

38/50 cf, or b, or fan assisted.

GCnumbers are, 41-789-42, 41-789-21, 41-789-65, 41-789-43, 41-789-20 and 41-789-66

No other numbers on it, just some CAT III Pmax 50 220 / 240V 50Hz 0.02 Temp 0 - 70C

Sorry ~ I have taken cover off and looked all over.

good news I found the label, bad news is the data is no longer visible ~ looks like some bonehead has decided to paint over the bloomin thing :mad:

Ok try this.

Turn the knob in the direction of the arrow and wait for it to click about (3mins) then try to light it.

Fault could be insufficient pilot or failed magnet in the gas valve, both a corgy job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back