Best UPVC cylinder lock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Initially I thought it was the yale anti bump anti snap etc etc cylinder but now I have seen the more expensive CISA and ABS avocet cylinders. In general which cylinder lock is the best, feel free to add more suggestions if the ones above are no good.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I rate the Avocet ABS locks pretty highly, you can pick up a pair that are keyed alike for <£90 if you look around. I have used a company called ToughLocks in the past who are reasonable. The fact you can't (legitimately) get an additional key made without the pparterningcard for the lock is quite a nice feature too.

I also heard recently they have been training particular teams in some fire brigades on how to bypass doors protected with ABS locks in an emergency. I suppose this is a good thing if you are trapped in a flaming house but could be a bad thing if a former fire officer decides to start a new career in burglary...

Are we talking the lockcase itself or the cyclinder retro fitted?

OK well I think the fact that certain firemen will be able to pick an ABS avocet lock is a risk I am willing to take. Are there any other locks that are better by any chance?

EDIT: I am talking about the euro cylinder only if that makes sense?

Sponsored Links
OK well I think the fact that certain firemen will be able to pick an ABS avocet lock is a risk I am willing to take. Are there any other locks that are better by any chance?

EDIT: I am talking about the euro cylinder only if that makes sense?

Hi i work for ABS, the method of getting into a door fitted with ABS the WYFRS use is using a special tool and a sledge hammer! I dont think you have anything to worry about

That's fine, I take it that all fire brigades know or should know how to break the lock in England?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back