Accenta/Optima Gen 4 Blowing Speaker fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all first time on the forum and i've got a problem i could do with some help with.
I've recently swapped our alarm panel at work as the Optima compact that has been installed for a number of years finally gave up the ghost and died.
we swapped it for a Accenta/Optima Gen 4 as we thought it would be the easy option but I encountered a problem in when trying to do the walk test I could not get the PIR's to register.
I traced this problem to a blown speaker fuse but i'm abit stuck from there :rolleyes:
Does anyone have any idea's what whould be causing the fuse to blow ?
There are 5 PIR's wired in to the panel and i've considered disconnecting them all and reinstating them one by one but just wondered if i was overlooking something ???
Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
basics:
check ALL connections within the panel;

or take all connections out, and i mean all (but leave the mains and battery connected.

change the fue, if ok then do the following (have spare fuses at the ready, as you might need a couple (1.6amp 200mm)

fit the remote keypad, if you have one fitted, check fuse
fit external siren unit, check fuse
fit extension SPEAKER, not sounder to the panel, check fuse

fit power to ONE sensor at a time, checking fuse as you go

when, or if the fuse pops, that is thacable you need to check out

thats the way i would do it, (if you have not got a multimeter that is)

hope this helps sort out your problem.

and if the fuse pops when you fit the speaker/SAB (bell boX0 of the keypad, chack em out.

Oasis

Sorry mate.
1.6 amp fuse is for battery.
1 amp for the rest
its 20mm quick blow.

Agree with the rest :D

i sit corrected, as i am at my desk!!!!!

its a long time since i worked on something that simple!!!!

Oasis

Sponsored Links
Same here m8ty.
Just finished a GD-48 with some CCTV and a L2 fire system. ( Let the muppets work out L2 shall we). But recalled the fuse for the Accenta was diff for the EWD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back