virgin media

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Want to move a virgin media entry point.

Currently it enters at the front of the house, want to move it to the back.

No route for cable so was going to run outside house and through floor space between ground and first floor.

This will involve quite a lot of work which I know virgin wont do.

If I run the coax through the house will virgin move the supply cable, and reposition the box?

can they connect the cable I have ran to their supply cable and put the service point in the new room

Or do I just take the coax from the current intake position to the new room and leave box where is

How long can that run be.

Sponsored Links
I'd leave the box where it is and just take the coax from the output. I took mine from a splitter connected after the box, as I have the VM box connected in the front room downstairs and the cable modem in the back room upstairs.

Use good quality satellite coax and 25m+ should be OK. Don't kink or compress the cable and observe minimum bend radius (60mm):

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CAPF100B.html

My cable runs from ground level at the front of the house, up into the roof, across the loft and then down into the rear bedroom (my office) right at the back, and the cable modem is connected to it with no issues.

VM were quite happy to install the modem on my cable once I showed them that it was better quality than the stuff they use as standard.

PF100 isn't better quality cable than VM use. They use triple screened Belden or Nexans cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back