House alarm battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house alarm has gone dead, no lights nothing works, could this be a simple case of changing the battery on the inside of the control panel, or will the box need changing altogether

Sponsored Links
Unlikely, if it were a worn out battery, you'd generally have the panel lit up as normal, and then going dead and the outside bell box (depending on state of battery within that) going off when theres a power failure, and possibly a battery fault lamp lighting up.

It sounds more like a fuse protecting the logic boards in the panel has blown, this could possibly be due to cable damage somewhere on the system... has any DIY or building work been carried out recently?

My house alarm has gone dead, no lights nothing works, could this be a simple case of changing the battery on the inside of the control panel, or will the box need changing altogether
I take it you mean that it has suddenly stopped working and there are no lights on the alarm panel and at the keypad?
If so there are several possible scenarios.
The mains power to the alarm could have stopped and the battery back up failed. This could be caused by the fuse to the FCU controlling the main power having blown and the battery has run down.
Alternatively, the main power supply fuse inside the control panel may have blown.
There are other possibilities but you might be best redirecting this post the Alarms,CCTV forum.

Sponsored Links
Mains and batery fail are the likely cause here.
Get the mains back on and see how the panel responds first of all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back