Finished floor level for screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon all.

We have got a solid floor layed by a builder, that is screed on top of insulation.

It is fairly visible that aside from the screed being quite heavily pitted it is also not very level (significantly higher in one corner sloping down to the other.

When I mentioned this to him, he effectively said he will look at it "however there are margins of error for these things".

I've done some looking online, but I can't see any thing immediately obvious as to what that margin of error would be, are there any rules relating to this, or does it boil down to being reasonably acceptable, and if so, what IS reasonably acceptable?

Cheers

doug

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
http://www.adhf.co.uk/html/body_screed_faq.html

Q7. What is the tolerence for level on floor screeds?

A. The industry standard is 10mm across a 3m straight-edge. At ADH flooring Limited we look for a tolerence of 3mm, or better, across the whole floor screeded area for, floor screeds.

Thanks for that, it gives me some thing to go on (and seems like a very reasonable margin, as opposed to 25mm over 2.2m's!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back