Securitech 700L after powercut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, think we've got a Securitech 700L and unfortunately this afternoon we suffered a short power cut. Since the power came back the box has been emitting quite a highpitched noise which we've been unable to get rid of.

Unfortunately no one can remember what code it is and in the panic of first hearing the noise my girlfriend ripped the front panel of the box off to see if there was a way to stop it. :) genius

Can somebody please advise me as to how I can stop this noise without setting the big house alarm off? I'm a total novice at house alarms but am confident I could unwire it if I knew which wire to do.

To be honest looking at the wires I feel like i'm tasked with disarming a bomb so someone please help :)

Sponsored Links
To be honest if you dont know what your doing with alarms i would get a firm in to sort it.

Get someone in, ripping things off the wall with mains inside = not clued up enough to even be near it.

Like I said my girlfriend ripped it off.

Whereas im not familiar with alarms I do have experience in electronics and circuit boards.

The house mains would be tripped off from the fuse box before I attempted anything such as removing a wire. I've read up and am confident I could do it with the right instructions.

I've shorted things before and know how to effectively bridge connections although i'm unaware where the memory default link pins are.

We dont use the alarm so we're not looking for functionality afterwards, just something to stop the ringing until we can afford a call out.

please reconsider :)

Sponsored Links
Actually your asking how to defeat an alarm system.

Not reconsidering.

Sorry

In the alarm panel , towards the left hand side of the wire terminal blocks, look for the wire with a
_
S
Terminal and disconnect it ( the outdoor bell trigger )

Then pull out keypad wires and indoor speakers. Make a note of wire positions. Only pull out the bell wire i mentioned or the bells SAB/SCB will kick in and you wont beable to stop it( unless reconnected )

This will leave the alarm quiet

Get a firm out prompt!

Also WATCH OUT FOR THE 240v Ac in there.

Hope this helps

Of course, dont mention the mains in the panel.
Then again, you wont be putting your hands in there.

But by all means show bad practise for an alarm enginner but for fooks sake at least give safe electrical advise.

Thsnks for that Alarm i've altered my post , i have fiddled around with my 700l and ive never been zapped ( hope i aint spoke to soon ) but the electrical up to the transformer is pretty much hardly exposed atall if done correctly of course

if done correctly of course

Which is why this was pointed out.

Anyone not used to working on electrics is advised to get in a professional.
If you have any question about your ability as a DIY`er you should not attempt to endanger yourself or others.

Thank you very much madman for the advice luckily it has just stopped on its own, I suspect the battery was on the way out.

Many thanks again

Woah , slow down here.
I corrected you, you ammended your post, well done for doing so. I then stated the reasons why I had mentioned this.

No need to get annoyed or upset over this.
We agreed did we not?

Quite right. I am still confident I could of done it without killing myself.

Thanks!

To be honest if you dont know what your doing with alarms i would get a firm in to sort it.

I DO NOT intend to endager others, he put he has knowledge on eleccy and circuitry , i only forgot to put in about the mains as i was skimming through my 700l bOok at the time and would of alterd my post anyway . If he didnt say he had sed knowledge i would of left my post as quoted!

Agreed we did , all sorted anyhow. Sorry if it looked like i snapped at you i was just trying to show what and why i posted it.

Forget about it , i have lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back