Broken Dimplex heater switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Hope you can help with this problem. I have a dimplex kitchen base heater with a remote switch above the worktop. The switch is a double size and my problem is that the cover plate that goes over the switch and screws it to the socket box is broken.
I have been on to Dimplex but it appears that they only sell the remote switch and the screw plate as one at a cost of about £77 plus Vat .

Does anybody know where I can get a switch cover without buying the complete remote switch. I have tried the Wickes brush plates and they are the right size for the box but too big on the inside cutout that goes over the dimplex switch.
Thanks for your help.
Rob

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewto...df1c8be7e9c8365714abecd1b3d1588#ixzz1TIxp2svk

Sponsored Links
2 x MK K4881 @ £1.84 each
1 x MK K4896 @ £3.65 each
1 x MK K4890 @ £7.05 each
1 x MK K3634 @ £2.30 each
1 x MK K3704 @ £1.57 each
1 x MK 892 @ £2.48
Total £20.73 plus vat. This can vary slightly according to finishes selected and I have not selected switches with names on them. What you need to decide is it worth £56 to have original switches? MK K4896FN at £4.70 will say "FAN" and MK K4896PH says "Plinth Heater". The BFH24BWSR installation instructions does not say what make Dimplex use.

PS Google "grid switches" you may find make Dimplex uses.

Can we have a picture or a web link to the product?

What does the switch do - just on/off or does it have temperature settings?

I went to Dimplex site and there are electric and water heaters the latter copy of the Myson. Assuming electric then just two one with remote controls the other with local controls. Assuming remote model then the PDF shows just one set-up with three switches first a double pole which switches on fan the next two single pole which selects one or two elements plus a fuse hence why I listed the grid switch components.
Knowing grid switches are not cheap I wanted to find how much one would cost as you can see under £25 for MK version but one MK has new and old style which could explain why it did not seem to fit and also there is also the Ulimate Grid Range, and Varilight PowerGrid Range and of course there is nothing on the Dimplex web site to show what make they use. It could even be their own special.
Maybe rob5 could look at the original and see if any make is printed on it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help so far, I have put the picture up (I hope) and that shows that its the surround thats broken so if I could replace that it would be great but if not then I will have to go with the Dimplex complete remote that I googled at £70 +vat.

Not a problem if I lose the writing on the surround.
thanks again
Rob

You need to google "MEM 4 gang grid switch plate"

Most wholesalers will hold them as stock too.

You could get one engraved to match here if you wanted

http://www.enlabel.co.uk/

Click "accesory engraving" then "MEM" then "moulded" then "Grid 4 gang (F8203)"

You don't have to stick with white plastic if you don't want to.

3Ggrid.jpg

IMGP3595.jpg

That reminds me I must call up and see my brother :LOL:

They are good looking switches!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back