Accenta 6 Burglar Alarm - No Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, i have just moved into a new house which has a burglar alarm installed. When we viewed the house, the owners told us that the alarm had been disconnected, however when we moved in i noticed that there is power going to the alarm.

I have tried in vain to get the alarm code from the previous owners. The system seems very basic, one PIR in the lounge, Accenta 6 control box and remote keypad by the front door. I wasn't too concerned by the alarm but i had to disconnect a light switch the other day and pulled out the fuse......which set the alarm off. Luckily replacing the fuse turned the alarm off.

The power light is on the control box and on the RKP but the 'Day' light is off. Can anyone out there help? Im tempted to replace the control box and bell box and start from scratch so to speak, but if i can get this system up and running it would save a few pennies! I have searched this forum but haven't got any clear answers, and the user manual i downloaded is of no help.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Is there nobody out there that can shed some light on this for me?? I guess my initial questions are these, does the bell box have a battery fitted to it, and also, if i open the control box, will the alarm go off?

I understand the default code is 9999 but i dont want to put this in to find out that its the wrong code.

does the bell box have a battery fitted to it
Yes it does
if i open the control box, will the alarm go off?

Yes, but it can be silenced if you have the correct code.

I understand the default code is 9999 but i dont want to put this in to find out that its the wrong code.

try it and see. Thats the engineers code. 0123 is the default user code. You did say that the day light was off. This would indicate that the system is set. If i was you i would get an engineer in who would be able to help. It probably hasn't been serviced, so needs a new battery as well. You don't know also how the system has been set up, what codes have been programmed in etc

http://www.nsi.org.uk/?q=approved_company_finder

Hi and many thanks for the reply. Yes, the 'Day' light is off but i must admit, this means nothing to me. If this means that the alarm is set, then surely it would be activated from the PIR? You suggest calling out an engineer, but i would think its just better and more than likely to be cheaper to rip this system out and use the existing cabling to fit a new system myself?? I am electrically trained so i am more than capable, especially as the floorboards upstairs are up at the moment, the cable runs would be easy to check etc.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Bin it.
Just make sure all the mains is off first.
You will need a ladder to get to the external bell too, or if your lucky the battery will fade out after a while with no power to it. 15 to 45 mins depending on the sounder.

~Its old there is better out there.

For the price of a call out it could be reset and serviced in under an hour. Nothing wrong with them, bullet proof if installed correctly

I could default that with my eyes closed

Calm down 96 m8ty :D

PA 27 ?

Nah old tat now, as I said. Better out there, like a 9651 ehh 9651 :p

OK, well i bit the bullet and removed the bell box cover and low and behold, nothing happend lol. The tamper switch was wired up but the bell box looked very old so i cut the wires to the siren. I then opened up the control box which showed that a number of wires had been disconnected, but this did activate the strobe.

Is there any way i can reset this alarm to default factory settings?
I read on another post about linking out some terminals (9 & 13 i think)?? It would be great to be able to use the exisitng control box and RKP and just buy a new bell box.

You'd easily find a eng manual on google for the panel. Best go from there matey

Thanks, ive found the manual which seems to show everything i need. Just need to reset the system, program it, test it and then purchase a new bell box. Thanks for the advice guys.

Well last night i reset the alarm and its still not working. Basically, when i power up the alarm, the keypad is constantly sounding, with just the 'Power' LED lit (i have disconnected the bell box siren for now). I have reset the system to factory settings, and when performing this i noted that the RKP is silent with the following LED's lit:

Power
Attack
Day
Zone 2

I have removed the wiring for the door contact as the previous owner had fitted a new door and i have fitted links for all the appropriate circuits. The PIR is wired and working correctly and i have proved the circuits are ok with my multimeter. No fuses have blown either and the 13 Volts is working fine. I have also attempted to reset the user and engineer codes, but when i did this, no lights came up on the RKP so not too sure if this actually worked.

Any ideas anyone? Or is this destined for the scrapheap??

All the faults need to be cleared when defaulting.

So in your case remove all wiring bar RKP. Link out all zones, and tampers. Power up, remove wire link, add link to PA, close panel lid. It will go 'beep beep', with day light on. Then enter default eng code. Simple as that. I very much doubt its broke, you can wind all sorts through them pcb's without them blowing up.

Hi 9651,

I have done exactly as you have suggested and still no luck. I have disconnected everything, including the bell box just leaving the RKP connected. I have fitted links into every zone, and tamper circuit and tested these with a multimeter. As mentioned earlier, i have cheked all fuses and the voltages all seem ok.

When i link left hand PA terminal to SET and power up the alarm, the RKP is silent but with Attack, Day & Power lit up. I then power down the alarm, fit the link back into PA and then link SET to the left hand TA terminal to clear the codes. However, when powering up, the RKP keys are lit, but no LED's are lit.

When i remove the link and power up the alarm, the RKP is just constantly sounding, ive tried the default codes and nothing happens, im at a loss and tempted to ditch it but it just seems a shame as i cant see what is worng with the alarm and looks very basic. Anything else i could of missed??

You remove the default link live, then fit attack link back, and as long as the bell tamps T&A are linked out,close the panel lid, then it'll bleep then reset. You havnt actually defaulted it yet ;)

Hi 9651 and thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. Your answer is slightly different to the reset procedure in the engineers manual, shown on page 17, however, i tried your procedure and i still get the same result, the RKP is constantly going off. Im tempted to film what im doing so you can check im doing it right lol! One thing i forgot to mention is that i think the battery is duff in the control box, would this affect the reset procedure? I didnt want to buy a new batt until i made sure the system was ok. Also, you mention the Attack link, is that the same as the TA link?? Would you perhaps go through the reset procedure for both factory settings and codes so i can check im doing it right? I have followed it step by step from the manual with no joy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back