Advice needed to catch scumbags in underground carpark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to know what kind of camaras I would need to catch people up to no good an a commual parking area for the block of flats where I live. The metal entrance gates have been forced open twice damaging them (I've know idea how they've managed it, a steel bracket is actually snapped on one of them!) & there has been graffiti sprayed in the walls.

I'd want to cover the entrance area well enough to ID the perpertrators, so I'm guessing I need a camara with a range that would allow facial recognition upto about 10 meters. Then 1 or 2 other camaras just so I can see what they do where up to inside. The car park is lit with florecent tubes which turn of when triggered by infared(?) sensors.

I know absolutely nothing about this kind of thing, any advise or links where I can find useful info would be very appreciated.

Thanks, Nev

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the reply, the ceilings are at least 3.5m high & there are enough other services cluttering the ceiling space that unless you were specifically looking for a camara I don't think they'd be noticed, so I'm not to concerned about them being covert.

The florecent lighting is the existing car park lighting.

Thanks for the reply.

If not covert or well protected they will not last long.

Sponsored Links
Shows how much you know about CCTV and how they try to defeat it.

Yale, rather than Troll, give us your expert onion on what cameras to use. The ambient light compared to what will be needed. The focal lengths, angle of views. Distance to target for facial recognition, without PTZ. Possible columns needed, how they might be serviced, the benefits of covert and best method of hiding them?
Methods of recording, would on site be suitable. Could LAN/WAN or micorwave be used?

Please do by all means.

Or just go bury ya head as the drummer in U2 says :D

OP
you can use anti vandal cameras with a grill over them, but don't use a grill if you are going to use IR with them, refectivity will cause white out on screen.

set you DVR for motion detection
you could also set up record times, notification of activations etc vi the LAN connection to a router to the internet.
most GOOD dvr`s will have this facility

area to be covered would be a requirement BEFORE you purchase your cameras, as well as Alarm said, ambient light etc

600 tvl low light cameras would be good,

but to be honest more info is needed, Photo`s ???

Oasis

Yaleguy,
if you do not have anything constructive to add to this posters question could you please leave well alone.

Oasis

that is about as tactful as i wish to be, as we are here to help people not to wine at each other,!!!

Oasis

loo
yes many times, but you also have to remember some of these persons do not the logic to look for cameras!!

just down loaded some evidence this afternoon form a distraction theft, the guy was good, but not as good as our CCTV install!

one more chalked up to our firm!
and another pending arrest for the thief!

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back