Advice needed to catch scumbags in underground carpark

loo
yes many times, but you also have to remember some of these persons do not the logic to look for cameras!!

just down loaded some evidence this afternoon form a distraction theft, the guy was good, but not as good as our CCTV install!

one more chalked up to our firm!
and another pending arrest for the thief!

Oasis

Assis
I thought I was responding to a comment posted by OwainDIYer?? :confused:

In the example that OwainDIYer (or whoever it was) mentioned 'chummy would whack the camera with a hammer' then surely chummy had seen the camera? !!

I hope the footage you have collected though does lead to the arrest and conviction of the scroat - nice one. What system was used, and what is the quality of image like when the footage is frozen?

Sponsored Links
Lou

As oasis says, most of the scroats ain't too bright. Surprising how may provide good images early on. They look around, then look carefully at each camera they find - then cover their heads.

Regarding damage. Yes it can happen, but consider all e town centre multi storey's. most have CCTV, but done right it survives quite well.

You and Assis are both correct - I don't disagree with you. My response was specific to the scenario that OwainDIYer posted, but maybe I did not make myself clear - my apologies.

Loo
the image quality is good, the cameras are 560TVL domes (internal) no IR lighting,
the theft happened during the day, visual evidence is near on perfect, officer in charge of the incident was happy with the images to the extent that his radios control room to give the guys details tho them to get others to seek and find!

even on pause the image is clear, as we can move between frames on this DVR, so we then pick the best image for evidence purposes

Oasis

Sponsored Links
All of which boils down to the original answer.
A site survey and design of a CCTV system is always needed, without a plan of the areas to be protected there is no way of giving a "ball park" figure. At least no real installer would offer such without either plans or a site visit.

true mate, very true.
we would need to know so much, its better if you contact a local company (3 off) and get some quotes.

we don`t know if we would need steel conduit, or hi impact plastic (some engineers cant work with steel conduit, but we can!)

its a guessing game i am afraid

Oasis

You guys have my respect - you know your stuff and you are prepared to share your knowledge with others. Thanks.

thats what we are here for, and in the morning at the office before i actually do any real work as well!!!

and sometimes late in the evening.

if you need any advice, jsut ask, if we can help most of us will.

Oasis

What do you reckon to this for a screen grab of a ***** theiving round the back of my house?

cctvgrab.jpg

Two green bins..........you lucky bassa!

Not bad, would personally have the approach covered a bit more. But have no idea of the other cams you have.

Got a night scene?

Ones for rubbish and ones for recycling paper :LOL: :LOL:

That shot is from a PTZ camera mounted on the soffit on the corner of the house.

It runs on PIRs and a preset caller thingy so it follows you

Here's a few caps I've just taken.

There is a 16W 2D light on the side of the garage and a 150W flood pointing down the drive which isn't on in the first pic.

192168064_01_20110802220914_1665328.jpg

192168064_01_20110802220947_1698140.jpg

192168064_01_20110802221009_1720546.jpg

That's me :D

192168064_01_20110802220903_1654500.jpg

Not bad, seen so called "pro" systems which could do with your efforts.

To be fair it's the camera that lets the picture quality down. The dome is filthy and it's not the best camera.

I'm looking to replace it eventually with probably a nite devil 500 line hi speed dome.

The scumbag in the first pic is currently on bail awaiting trial, and the CCTV evidence is to be used in court.

RF
go oneline to CCTVdirect
and have a look at there twilight range, we have started to use these and the image quality is superb, 600 tvl as standard and up to 650 tvl

take the NEPTUNE one;
700 tvl
2.8 to 12mm lense
IR
true day night
30m with IR
built in BALUN
RS485 OSD control
12 / 24 v
a seriously good camera a t a seriously good price!!

i, as an installer really, seriously, really love this bit of kit!!

Oasis

and the cost is super!!! go one line and have a look for yourself mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back