Britony Combi SE 100 hot water issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a Britony Combi SE 100 that has a hot water issue when using the shower. The hot water appears to work fine from all the taps in the house allbeit the taps need to be fully turned on, but when using the shower it fails to light the boiler. I believe this is due to the reduced water flow for the shower. Please help.

Sponsored Links
Yes, the DHW flow switch is not being activated far enough!

Tony

Thanks Tony. Do I need to replace the DHW Flow Switch or is there a seal kit that I can get?

It may just need cleaning or it might need replacing.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I've checked the DHW Flow Switch and thats working fine. So I replaced the diaphragm in the 3 way-valve as the plunger did not appear to move far enough down to activate the switch unless the hot water tap was opened fully. The boiler now lights and heats water for the shower but it seems like its only marginally better that before. Could there be another issue?

the water throttle at the bottom of the 3 way and change the clappet valve,this is under 3 way and pushes up on 3 way peter

Have you tried soaking/cleaning shower rose in lime scale remover and 'pricking' the holes in the rose with a pin/needle or whatever! to increase the flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back