Insurance in properties underging refurbishment

• Thread starter expertgasman
  • Start date
E

expertgasman

Going on from another thread, it occurred to me that a lot of us may be financially vulnerable.

If you are fitting bathrooms, boiler and heating in an empty house, you will naturally remove all your tools when you go home at night. BUT who would pay for the loss if the house got robbed just before you sign off the work. Do you all make contractual provision for this event?

Sponsored Links
Who's to say they've been fixed if the householder does not sign acceptance of said 'fittings'? Do you get the householder to sign off all works done each day before you leave?

We are back to one persons word against another.

Sponsored Links
Well, actually, out T&C's make it clear that the punter is responsible for all products once delivered to his premise. Along the lines of:

"I understand that I am responsible for ensuring the security of and insurance cover for all products immediately on being delivered to site. I understand that while we are responsible for their safe keeking, legal title is retained by ***** until paid for in full at terms agreed".

I have never suffered a loss, but it is likely to occur at some time, and I don't beleive you have a cat in hells chance of getting insurance in respect of gear left in a property that you don't own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back