Crimping conductors for magnetic contacts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am at the stage of making house extension watertight - doors and windows go in tomorrow.

I have an Texcom alarm system for the house and and want to extend to the new part of the house.
I have no problem in adding to the zones but am getting increasingly frustrated at trying to properly connect the conductors to the reed magnetic contact terminals.
Is there a way of mini crimping each conductor to make it easier or it there another way of wrapping the wire around the terminals without them spraying when you tighten the terminal?

Sponsored Links
lol

Try putting the wire into the terminal in direction you are turning the screw.
ie.as you tighten the screw, it pulls/wraps the wire with it. And make sure the atrands are well twisted first.

Wrap wire in direction of screw tightening (clockwise seen from top) and put a small thin washer on top of the wire under the screwhead?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back