concept alarm Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a old concept alarm that has worked will for years but we had a power cut last night and the bell did not sound at all,now i know this is what they should do but there was not lights on the key pad so i think there should be or am i wrong thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Eh?

:eek:

If you had a long power cut, like 9 hrs over, the panel will power down and the bell should ring for 20 mins. If it was a shorter power cut, the battery should have taken care of it really with no drama.

When did you last have it serviced?

hi just a update the alarm was going but when we turnned off the power to check it just stopped so would this mean batt in bell or unit inside garage

Sponsored Links
well we have been here 6 years and it has not been touched.i did get a quote for a call out a while back off 75 pound

Pretty reasonable id say for a full service, spot potential issues etc..... Batteries should be replaced every 3 years as a general rule. Why did you not opt for it to be done?

.........Batteries should be replaced every 3 years as a general rule.
Where do you get the 3yrs from?

We change ours (only Yuasa ever used) at a MAX of 5yrs and only before if necessary.

Over the years there have been many that would have gone 6yrs, but we ALWAYS change at the 5yrs max.

Have seen good serviceable Yuasa at 7yrs, but we would never let them get to that age.

Why 3yrs and what make?

well we had some issues with random alarms so we did not use all pir,but we have put in new ones and all work fine , alarm works but when it was sounding we just turnned of power to check and it just stopped dead no sound at all but works when power on fine

We change them @ 3 years, 4 years max. Expected life at 20 degrees is 3-5. Hotter temps reduce that time further. Imo you're asking for trouble leaving them longer.

And? We (NSI Gold) change them at 3/4 years. Simple as that fella... If this upsets you I'm sorry :LOL:

And? We (NSI Gold) change them at 3/4 years. Simple as that fella... If this upsets you I'm sorry :LOL:
So who are you trying to impress by quoting one of the governing bodies then? Doesn't cut any ice with me.

Why go off on one when a reasonable question has been asked, perhaps it's because you're trying to justify the more you change 'early' the greater bonus you get at the end of the year?

Now all this rubbish aside, going back to my question, what battery make?

I replaced one today, Yuasa 7Ah using an ACT Gold-Plus tester.

Installed 14th July 2005 - now just over 6yrs old.
( Last years visit was not completed because they were abroad for 4 months ish. )

Veritas 8 panel, 1xSA, 1x CMC & 1x bog standard run of the mill PIR

7.45Ah showing with the ACT & going by the battery record card, things have not changed very much over the years.

Also used my ACT Gold tester on the same battery, got 6.95Ah

I would suggest that you changing it at 3/4yrs would have been totally unnecessary, don't you agree?

I/we get no bonus what so ever for changing batteries at that interval, I can assure you of that.

Well done on using your gold battery tester, I have one too. You seem to be using this as some kind of guarantee of it lasting another 12 months. I assure you this is not the case. We also fit Yuasa throughout..... Prevention is better than cure, we would never leave a battery in till near exhaustion/life expectancy.

I don't want to say i told you so, but here is a tech doc from Yuasa for the common NP range.

http://www.yuasaeurope.com/images/uploads/uk/downloads/datasheets/NP/NP2_7-12_UK.pdf

Near the bottom is expected life...... Thats 3-5 years BTW.

You seem rather upset by all this :?:

As an experienced Gold and Silver (28 ys now), companies have their own ISO they work to.
Seen one insist a new batt every yr. Some 3 generally 5.

Why argue over your own ploicies?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back