Cooker Hood Control Unit WIring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I'm hoping you can help me solve an idiotic problem. I needed to order a new "control unit" ( how they call it a control unit i dont know and justify the price..its a circuit board with a few switches. ) and unfortunately pillock that i am i errr..didnt note down where the wires went ::b

Problem is...I can wire it up so it works...but even in zero position the b****y fan doesnt switch off ::b

I have no iudea what is going on..the wierd thing is the connector to the mains only has 2 wires actually connecting..the brown LIVE and the blue NEUTRAL...but there is a red also that goes to the control unit? I'm assuming where i put this is the problem though am not sure...the lights connect with a red LIVE and a white NEUTRAL wire....

I have got pics below of the "control unit" and the wires... I just literally want to know what wire I put where! ( i know where the red and white from the light switch go. )

Any help very greatly appreciated!

it's a whirlpool unit but is badged Blauknecht DKEL 3790 ING

P1020125.jpg

P1020124.jpg

P1020126.jpg

P1020127.jpg

Many Thanks,

Buzz

Sponsored Links
I can't tell you the correct way to wire this...... I could have an educated guess, if you want...

BUT, the bad news is - this board contains an electronic device, (the black three legged thing with a tab) whiich is probably a TRIAC, to do the fan speed control. If you've been swopping the wires around hoping the get this to work, its very possible that you have blown this new board. If you have ended up with the triac connected across L & N you will have killed it.

(Triacs often fail short circuit - this could explain why you cant get the fan to turn off )

Sorry, not the news you wanted.....

Hi Adrian..it's ok i'd rather know than not....

WHat do you think the correct way would be?

If that doesnt work I'll have to sort another new control unit!! ah well its my own fault. These things happen :)

Buzz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back