Bath Pop Up Waste Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new bathroom suite installed by my Dad who has been plumbing for years, however the pop up waste doesn't appear to seal and you can hear it pouring out whilst taking a bath. In fact you don't even have to lift the plug as it drains itself. I bought the waste from Plumbworld, it's a Deva make. However their customer service is terrible and I have still received no reply. I have had this looked at by several people and they say it must be faulty. The little nut has been adjusted but still it leaks. Not a little but a lot. Any suggestions as I will be waiting for ever for Plumbworld to reply and haven't had a full bath yet!!! HELP....

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
check the "o" ring round the plug

510.jpg

Thanks for reply,sorry for being stupid what is the o ring? Do I have to take the bath panel off and what am I looking for on the 0 ring?

zippy83 said:
Thanks for reply,sorry for being stupid what is the o ring?
:eek: :eek:

take out the pop-up bit. Theres an O ring on it.

I think that 'slow drain' problem exists on a lot of those, especially the cheap ones.

Sponsored Links
We had this problem with 2 places with the pop-up waste when our bath was fitted. One was the knob you turn when emptying the bath, the second was underneath the bath where the waste runs out. After advice from this board, my husband unscrewed both areas, put sealant inside and sealed up again. Has been fine since.

You will find that the water is leaking around the outside of the fitting, not going through the plughole. (It goes back intot he pipe through the overflow slots). You will need to remove the whole fitting, silicon it down instead of relying on the foam washer and hey - no leaks!

I am not sure...

Do you mean the water drains away down the plughole even when the plug is supposed to be firmly seated? (Kevplumb's take)

Or do you mean the water leaks out over the floor? (Chris Turner's take)

Or it dribbles out round the operating parts (debbiea's take)

Chris Turner's leak doesn't go onto the floor, it does make it to the waste. You could test the theory by forcing putty into the gap between the waste outer rim and the bath?
If it were scrupulously clean (descaler, washed off, dried with meths) a very thin bead of silicone would probably fix it without being noticed.

O ring caused the shuttle to crash :eek: failure of one ,that is :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back