kitchen tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I\\\'m about to lay kitchen tiles. Should I firstly install my kitchen units then the tiles up to where the units start - or lay them slightly under the units - so that any spillages don\\\'t run under the units?? (The tiles are quite bumpy cobble stone effect).

Sponsored Links
I assume you are talking wall tiles.
I would fit the kitchen, except for the work top, then tile, then fit worktop.

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
I assume you are talking wall tiles.
I would fit the kitchen, except for the work top, then tile, then fit worktop.

I would assume he meant floor tiles as he is going to LAY them.

Is it not usual to fit worktops and then tile down to them, this will help to hide any out of square corners

yup, install kitchen cabinets first. Then when you start tiling, depending on the thickness of your tiles. You could unscrew the leg and push tile under the leg.

Or if you cant unscrew high enough, then notch the tile around the leg. Plinth will cover the rest and the plastic strip will protect against spilliages seeping through etc.

jbonding

lay them first so they finish under the units

I agree, you might use more tiles but its a lot easier, there is no need to finish right up to the wall though.

i done mine a few months ago and went straight to the wall but i had the tiles, and a problem with ants, about this time of year there would be hundreds there doesnt seem to be as many. Another thing we werent sure what kitchen to get so now ive got the option whether to have kick boards or have free standing units.

Thanks for all the advice. My main concern was - would the fridge and units be wobbly if I tiled straight under as the tiles arnt exactly flat. But if you don't think it's a problem then I'll go with your advice.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back