pipework for central heating - is this work OK?

Sponsored Links
The pics weren't there earlier.

Much better, even acceptable :cool:

The plastic strips are good to hold the pipes in place after they protect them.

Why not surface pipework, don't like the idea of buried pipes in plaster, would heat from pipes cause cracking of plaster, you will have problem in future.

Why don't you have surface pipes, it can be box over? Do it in 15mm.

Dan.
You`re a Star , Danny - just what I would have done . But this is 21st Century little britain . Except I`m not Oftec or Hetas or Gas Safe or CCS card :LOL: Just a simple old country plumber ;)

Sponsored Links
What an improvement.
It's got to have been worth the effort and heart ache, to have the satisfaction of knowing the pipe work, although hidden, looking the part.

Just make a good mental note of where all the pipework is, as when hanging the portrait of your plumber on the wall - he doesn't come back to haunt you :eek: :D

I think they are going to hang his head on the wall, after stuffing and mounting of course. :LOL:

I didn't read the whole thread, as my eyes started to glaze over!!! But was this chancer with the 10mm spring the cheapest quote you had??

I'm glad you've got it sorted, make sure no plaster touches bare copper or the expansion will crack the plaster a treat.

I would class as accotable, just, but on picture 3, are those pipe touching each other? Potential squeak if they are.

Well done, though, for sticking to your guns.

puller your name is very apt

time served heating engineer BullshiT
everybody knows that is a made up title (well exept certain scotch nuggets)
and your still banned
or should be
yer only post on here cos yer got hoyed offa screwfux :D :D :D

I'm glad you've got it sorted, make sure no plaster touches bare copper or the expansion will crack the plaster a treat.

The pipes have now been wrapped - not in the felt type material I was shown, but in a silver gaffa tape - not sure if this is insulating tape or not. It is silver, quite thick but not padded. The pipes have all been wrapped individually - more photos attached !
Is this wrapping and the tape used acceptable ? Is it adequate to protect the plaster ?
They have finished for now.
They said the condensation pipe for the boiler must go into the kitchen waste (I think that is what he said but I could have misunderstood)- not outside where it can freeze.
You will also see that the damage to the wall plasterwork is severe - but I don't know how tidy the cutting should be. The same applies to the floorboards - lots of edges missing from the boards and now lots of squeaking and movement when walking on them.
Again - many thanks for all your comments - hopefully this will soon be resolved.

I would class as accotable, just, but on picture 3, are those pipe touching each other? Potential squeak if they are.

Well done, though, for sticking to your guns.

Many thanks !
I checked them today and the pipes aren't actually touching - I think they are from the Tiger Loop to the boiler.
I have posted more photos of the wrapped pipes.
This site has been a fantastic help - so thanks again.

What an improvement.
It's got to have been worth the effort and heart ache, to have the satisfaction of knowing the pipe work, although hidden, looking the part.

Just make a good mental note of where all the pipework is, as when hanging the portrait of your plumber on the wall - he doesn't come back to haunt you :eek: :D

It has definitely been worth the effort and thanks to this site and the contributors for their help - and gallows humour !! Made us laugh.

As for the portrait of the plumber - well, I think that will go to Trading Standards. I don't think either of my parents will ever hang a plate or picture again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back