whirlpool - ikea dishwasher model b10 no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help, my dishwasher has just stopped working. No poer to the controls at all. Check the usual fuses \ plugs etc. But still no power getting to the control panel- no lights or sound of activity.

Is there a main fuse on the dishwasher somewhere?

where is the problem likely to be

Sponsored Links
"b10" is not a valid model number :(
Post the service number on the sticker in the door lip instead so we can identify the machine (12 digits.....85-- --- -----).
There is no "main fuse". There is a mains suppressor which may (or may not) have popped. Alternatively it could be a pcb, switch, or wiring issue.
Without knowing exactly which model you have it is difficult to advise further.
You really need a multimeter & the knowledge how to use it in order to fault-find to component level.

lots of different numbers on the side i'm afraid 500 793 45 or 8542 416 15810 or 3805 3400 0077. It says its a DWF B10W Ikea \whirlpool dishwasher. Thanks for reply by the way :)

Sponsored Links
How can you check if its 'popped' would there be visible signs or do you need a circuit tester for it?

Thanks

Often there is visual evidence (soot marks, burns etc) but not always. If you can't see anything you could jumper it out temporarily. The machine will run perfectly fine without a suppressor but your TV picture might suffer.

Hi Ive fitted the part, but unfortunatley same problems :(

I've stripped the machine down a little furthur and have detected some black smoke marks and some possible melting \ buddling of the plastic housing of what look likes the main control pannel( the plug that has blackened is labelled MS) !!! ucb-icfd-p5-a2delay-hl/sr unit (461972714211)

What do you think, same conclusion as me?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back