Indesit IDL40 please help 2nd dishwasher in under 4 years

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

This appliance (IDL40 dishwasher) is merely 17 months old and as the title will show this is our second in quick sucession.

I would appreciate any suggestions before I attempt to call out the engineer as this has become quite expensive

There is no digital display on this model - so no error codes. However from left to right the first and third light flashed simultaneously. I checked the filters as this was what the manual indicated but they were clean. Lights went off I assumed it was a 'blip'

However on susequent run I opened the machine and noticed half the element was exposed and glowing red hot as it was not covered with water.

Main water pressure fine. Tonight I will check inlet hose to make sure it is not kinked or full of limescale.

My questions are - surely the machine should cut out if there is insufficient water in the appliance before heating?
Why was only the back right hand part of the element exposed. The casing is level ?

Indesit recomend an engineer visit and can't advise call out is 104 pounds so I would like to be sure that I need it

Any suggestion are greatly appreciated. Not very sure where to start with this

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
That code means circulation pump gone , that's gonna cost you £83.00 plus vat. Best call indesit.

thanks very much for the rapid reply

just a couple of quick follow up queries if you have the time

Would a faulty circulation pump explain the inadequate filling of the machine?
what could cause a pump to fail early after only a year and a half?

regards

Circulation pump puts the water in the tub. if the pump won't work less water goes in then errors to let you know there's a fault. Presure switch comes on to stop heater boiling with no water, as for failing cheap parts don't last long it's a thow a way socitity.

Sponsored Links
sorry

get it from John Lewis as they offer very good warranty. Mostly they are very reliable but you seem to be unlucky.

I just got a last-year's Siemens (same company as Bosch) SE26N250GB from them for £339 with a free 2-year warranty. It scored 68% in "Which" which is one point less than needed for a "Best Buy" while being £100 cheaper than the Bosch branded one that scored one point more.

Just fixed ours, we had the 2nd and 4th lights flashing every a cycle. Much Googling said the pump was at fault and could also be the thermostat so I checked the stat and it was dislodged (little grey thing covered in white gunk further down the door when removing the 6 screws and looking inside?), lots of head scratching and looking around inside we decided to not go for the pump and took the spinning arms off and noticed straight away quite a few of the nozzles were blocked with food!

How the food got past the filter is beyond me as we clean it regularly, but I guess over 4 years it's bound to have got some through.

We just had our first clean load in about 4 days, just after the wife finished doing the dishes :LOL:

We used cocktail sticks and fast running water to clean them out, took a good hour with both of us doing it as it's fiddly, but all seems good once again! :D

HTH someone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back