Scantronic 9751 with 9940 Keypad Master Reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I do a Master Reset to Restore the Master User Code and the Engineer Code back to Factory Defaults?

I have recently purchased a house fitted with Scantronic 9751 and 9940 keypad. The house was previously rented and I don't have any information on it or who installed it.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
locate nvm reset pins on right hand side of panel down power mains and battery short nvm pins together and power up panel if you power up battery first you will need to short kickstart pins, this will default codes only master 1234 and engineer 7890 and be carefull as there is 240v in the panel.

locate nvm reset pins on right hand side of panel down power mains and battery short nvm pins together and power up panel if you power up battery first you will need to short kickstart pins, this will default codes only master 1234 and engineer 7890 and be carefull as there is 240v in the panel.
Not quite there are you.

(Statement, not, question)

Sponsored Links
If the user and/or engineer codes are lost, then:
1. First remove mains power and then open the case and disconnect the
battery.
2. Identify the NVM Reset pins and Kick Start pins on the main pcb
3. Short the NVM Reset pins together using a small wire link, and short the
Kick Start pins together using another small wire link.
4 Reconnect the battery.
5. Remove the short from the NVM Reset pins and Kick Start pins.
The control unit loads the factory default access codes:
User 1: 1234.
Engineer: 7890.
6. Close the control unit and apply mains power.
7. Carry out an engineer reset.

whats up did you need it to be idiot proof
Oh grow up, the O/P "The house was previously rented and I don't have any information on it or who installed it", so doesn't the '0' and the '99' bit warrant a mention?

Poor guy knows nothing about this panel & you give 1/2 of the information.

Go back to playing with 240v

there you go making assumptions.. and you will find scantronic dont default into engineer mode so why would he need to know 99 enter and 0 its only defaulting customer code and engineer. do you also want me tell him how to change his customer code ? if you are that bothered you would have told him yourself.

You're all goons for telling him how to default a current, reasonably professional panel. Optimas and the like one thing, 9751 which could have comms is another

what and the CD95 default instructions you gave out may have or not had comms on it also ???? think you have to practice what you preach

whats up did you need it to be idiot proof

Yes sometimes even engineers need the idiot proof guide.... (I write work instruction for installation engineers to follow for a living... believe me it needs to idiot proof...!)

Thanks for the very helpful advice. I'll try it out and let you know how I make out.

Cheers.[/quote]

You will find at no time did I respond to anything you said or asked.

So please dont respond to my posts unless they are directed at you personally.

Now that I know what to look for I found that this is all available to download off the web for free.

There are 3 manuals available to download:

1) 9751 user manual
2) 9751 installation manual
3) 9x5x programming guide

The latter gives the details about resting user codes back to the defaults and doing a engineer reset to return all setting back to the factory default.

Now sorted. System has now been restored and is up and working. Thanks you to those who provided support and advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back