Pet sensors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know they aren't very popular but I used the Visonic ones last time and as far as I know they seemed to work OK - but what is your favourite Pet PIR?

Sponsored Links
Visonic are not too bad, Crow were nice until you could not get them anymore :S
Trying to remember the other make i used when they first came out, AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG balls can see the detector in my minds eye but not the name ffs!

They are a bit over rated as the set up has to be spot on and a cat just flucks up the situation.

Should be called pet tollerant, not proof.
In an ideal world chuck the moggie out, lock the dog in the garden.

I haven't got much choice. The customer wants to upgrade the lot and I can't dissuade her. I want something with a 'double knock' if possible but can always use that feature on the panel if I have to. I know it downgrades the security but it's that or she won't arm the thing at all, so something is better than nothing. I'm wondering if the dual tech type or the quad might be better than the other types.

It's only a cat, btw, not a dog.

Sponsored Links
try bosch tri tec pet sensors not had any problems with these but a bit on pricey side...

As before, a cat is not something they were designed for.
They climb, remember that word CLIMB. Pounce and generally get everywhere.

Siting is paramount, even with the best intentions a cat WILL cause false activations.

Only 30 yrs of experience of this, so do ignore me.

Been doing it for 25 years myself.

The cat is old, it will only pass on a floor and through a hall. The stairs are blocked off solid - no spindles.

I reckon I can mask off the floor anyway.

Just wondering which of the current crop of sensors are best. Let's face it, if they didn't work they'd get them back week in week out and would stop selling them.

Don't need a 'fast catch' just an eventual catch will do.

if thats the case. use a optex rx40pt, had one fitted in the kitchen for 5 years now with no false alarms and unlike the slow k980 picks up fine,and not bad on price about £11.50 from adi or enterprise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back