Virgin/NTL cable box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have recently moved into our new house, there is a cable box with cables running from the road to it and a phone line running down the side of the road to a phone socket. I intend to remove the phone socket and cabling, where do I stand with the the main box, can I remove this as well? I presume removing the phone line will be simple?
I will never want any of the services provided by cable/virgin/NTL and everything I hear about them makes me not want to contact them with regards to this.
Any advice or experiences
Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
You can contact Virgin and tell them to come and remove their property from yours.

Give them a reasonable time limit to do so.
If they do not do so then you can remove them yourself as long as you can do so without damaging their property.

(or simply go back to the property line and cut it - seal the end).

Or you can simply ignore it, disconnect and seal the cable then push it back into the wall - someone else may want it if you ever sell.

thanks for that, only problem is, I'm worried if I contact virgin then they will bombard me with advertising like I have read about lots of other people having trouble with.
Think I will just remove the phone line and leave the box alone as its hidden behind a bush

Sponsored Links
Thats best, remove the cable to the box outside.

That way it can easily be reinstalled at a later date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back